Pre Natal And Post Natal Exercise
When it comes to pre and post natal exercise it is extremely important to make sure the exercise you do is safe, which is why it is essential to seek guidance from an experienced professional.
During pregnancy the last thing you want is to do the wrong kind of exercise and at the wrong intensity which could harm your baby and post pregnancy doing the wrong exercise and at the wrong intensity can lead to serious injury to yourself.
If there is one time in your life you hire a professional to help you exercise safely it is definitely for pre and post natal exercise.
If something goes wrong with exercise during these periods in your life it can have a much bigger and more serious consequence than at any other time in your life you exercise. This is why it is essential to hire a professional to help you to exercise safely so you gain the benefits of exercise during the pre and post natal periods.
There are many benefits to exercising pre and post natal
Pre natal benefits
- Exercise increases the flow of oxygen from mother to baby which prepares the baby for breathing on their own after birth
- Exercise helps you to carry the weight you gain during pregnancy through promoting muscle tone, strength and endurance
- Exercise helps to relieve backaches and improves your posture by strengthening and toning muscles in your back, bum, and legs
- Exercise helps prevent wear and tear on your joints (which become loosened during pregnancy due to normal hormonal changes) by activating the lubricating fluid in your joints
- Exercise helps you to look better. Exercise increases the blood flow to your skin, giving you a healthy glow
- Exercise boosts your energy levels during pregnancy
- Exercise can improve your mood and self-image
- Exercise can help reduce constipation during pregnancy by accelerating movement in your intestine
- Exercise can help you sleep better by relieving the stress and anxiety that might make you restless at night
- Exercise prepares you and your body for birth. Strong muscles and a fit heart can greatly ease labour and delivery. Gaining control over your breathing can help you manage pain. And in the event of a lengthy labour, increased endurance can be a real help
- Exercise during pregnancy helps to regain your pre-pregnancy body more quickly after giving birth and you’ll gain less body fat during your pregnancy if you continue to exercise
- Better circulation and reduction of wrist and ankle swelling as well as reduction of leg cramps
- Less backache
Post natal benefits
- Exercise helps you to restore muscle strength and firm up your body
- Exercise promotes faster weight loss and body fat loss so you regain you pre pregnancy figure faster
- Exercise improves your cardiovascular fitness and increases your stamina
- Exercise conditions your abdominal muscles to help improve your posture and reduce backache
- Exercise improves your mood, relieves stress, increases your energy levels and helps prevent postpartum depression
- Exercise helps prevent back and shoulder pain from carrying your baby
- Exercise strengthens your pelvic floor to reduce risk of incontinence
- Exercise helps to improve and correct any posture problems due to pregnancy
- Exercise makes you less tired and improves your sense of wellbeing
With all these benefits and more due to exercising during and after pregnancy you would be crazy not to exercise. However, you must make sure the exercise you do is safe which is why hiring a professional to help you train safely and effectively during these important periods of your life is so important.
To book a free consultation please fill out the form in full on the contact us page.
ONE TO ONE PERSONAL TRAINING PRICES FOR PRE NATAL AND POST NATAL EXERCISE
£30 per session
£270 for a block of 10 sessions