Why Do People Regain Weight?

Did you know 95% of people who lose weight regain the weight within 5 years.

A lot of people out there mistakenly think that people regain weight because of losing weight too fast.

This is definitely not the reason why people regain weight.

The reason why people regain weight is because they go back to their old poor eating habits.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the speed at which they lose weight.

In fact I see far more people regain weight from losing weight slowly than I do losing weight fast.

The people who lose weight slowly are always going up and down in weight. One week they lose a couple of pounds and the next week they gain it back. They do this over and over again and after a year of dieting they are still at the exact same weight.

Yes people who lose weight fast do often regain weight, after all 95% of people who lose weight do regain the weight within 5 years, however, people who lose weight fast see better weight loss results because losing weight fast motivates them to continue.

Whether you lose weight fast or slowly the speed at which you lose weight has no impact on regaining weight.

The only thing which impacts regaining weight after finishing a diet is the choices you make after finishing the diet.

If you keep making good choices you will keep losing weight or at least maintain your weight, but if you make bad choices you will regain weight.

Weight loss is simple cause and effect.

Eat a healthy weight loss diet, you will lose weight.

Eat a poor diet, you will gain weight.

Regaining weight has absolutely nothing to do with the speed at which you lose weight, but it has absolutely everything to do with the choices you make once you finish a diet.

If you carry on with the same diet you will carry on losing weight or at the very least you will maintain your weight.

If you go straight back to your old habits you will quickly regain the weight. After all it was the poor eating habits which caused you to gain weight in the first place so it doesn’t take a genius to work out if you go back to the same poor eating habits then you will gain weight again.

The only way to make sure the results from a diet last is to make sure you don’t go back to your old poor eating habits.

You have to change your diet for good, not just a few weeks then start eating crap again.

This doesn’t mean you have stick to following the diet plan which helped you to lose weight for life, but it does mean putting in the effort to maintain your results.

In order to maintain your results you have to make good choices 90% to 95% of the time and the other 5% to 10% you can eat what you want.

Unfortunately though 95% of people go straight back to their old poor eating habits which is why they regain weight. Some of these people even end up fatter than when they first started dieting. This is not because they lost weight faster than everyone else so gained more weight, it is because because their eating habits become worse than their eating habits before they started the diet.

Whether you regain weight after following a diet or whether you maintain your weight loss results after a diet it has absolutely nothing to do with the speed at which you lose weight. The only thing which affects your weight after a diet is the choices you make after the diet. Continue making good choices and you will keep losing weight or will at least maintain your weight but if you go back to making bad choices you will very quickly regain weight.

Weight loss really is simple cause and effect.

Eat a healthy weight loss diet, you will lose weight.

Eat a poor diet, you will gain weight.

So if you want to maintain your results after following a weight loss diet then you have to eat a diet to maintain those results.

From my experience in order to maintain your results you have to eat a healthy weight loss diet 90% to 95% of the time and the other 5% to 10% of the time you can eat whatever you want.

If you eat whatever you want more than this then I promise you will regain the weight again.

If you want to lose weight and for the weight loss results to last then you not only have to put in the effort to lose weight but you have to put in the effort to maintain your results.

If you are planning on losing weight and going straight back to your old habits you may as well not go on the diet in the first place as you will just end up back at the same place as you are now.

In order to lose weight and keep the weight off you must make a long term change rather than a short term change. Anything less than a long term change will lead to disappointment no matter what diet you follow.

There is no miracle weight loss plan for not regaining weight.

Not regaining weight is solely dependent on the decisions you make once you have lost weight and finished a specific diet. Not the speed at which you lost weight, not the way in which you lost weight but solely dependent on the choices you make after you finish a specific weight loss diet.

If you want to lose weight fast then that’s perfectly fine as is losing weight slowly.

Whichever way you choose, fast or slowly, if you want your results to last then you must put in the effort to maintain your results once your reach your target weight.

 

Get fit, get healthy, get happy.

Your Coach For Life

Shaun McGill

shaun-profile-biog